There is tons to do in Vancouver in August. Some of our favorite activities are:
- Exploring Granville Island (http://granvilleisland.com)
- Walking along the Stanley Park Seawall and lounging on Third Beach (https://www.tripsavvy.com/best-vancouver-beaches-3371104)
- Hiking up the Grouse Grind (https://www.grousemountain.com/grousegrind)
- Biking around the seawall (you can rent a bike-share bike) (https://www.tourismvancouver.com/activities/stanley-park/seawall/)
- Exploring Chinatown and Dr. Sun Garden (http://vancouverchinesegarden.com)
- Hitting up some of Vanouver’s micro-breweries on Main St. (https://thehoppyending.wordpress.com/2014/05/20/updated-vancouver-brewery-map/)
Since August is a popular summer destination, hotels and accommodations book quickly. The sooner you can book a place to stay the better! Vancouver has a great public transit system that has a direct skytrain line from Vancouver International Airport to downtown. Skytrains and buses also provide easy access to attractions all over Vancouver.
Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre
The Holiday Inn is outside of downtown Vancouver and close to the wedding venue, but still a cab ride away unless you really like walking!
Comfort Inn Downtown Vancouver
The Comfort Inn downtown in located in Vancouver’s entertainment district and is within walking distance to many of Vancouver’s attractions.